- Think in some interesting project, and build your module,
- If you didn't, create a Drupal user, and a new sandbox for your module(s). Follow this instructions and commit your first lines of code http://drupal.org/node/1068950
- Work in your project, and when you are happy to publish your first stable release, go to the next step.
- Help the community, doing some reviews of other modules (3 at least): http://drupal.org/project/issues/search/projectapplications?status=2&status=7 (more info here: http://drupal.org/node/1410826)
- Create a new project aplication: http://drupal.org/project/issues/projectapplications